Sunday, December 5, 2010

Professional Web Presence: Google Sites

The ever popular search engine, Google, continues to expand. Google not only is the world's number one search engine. Google also has an email service (G-Mail), a server based document section (GoogleDocs), maps (GoogleMaps), customized home pages (iGoogle), and much more. Google Sites is an aspect to Google that may spread life wildfire and take over the Web, at least it has the potential to.

Google Sites allows Google users to create free Web pages and Wikis. In class we discussed the importance of having a professional Web page to provide an online presence for students. The Web site allows users to upload graphics, pictures, various forms of media (video, audio, multimedia), and much more. Here is a link to my professional Web presence project.

As an aspiring attorney, Google Sites enables me to create an online business profile for myself. With the ability to show off my various works created via my internships and classes, I am confident in allowing a potential employer to view my Google Site.






Above is a video that provides us with a fantastic tutorial of how to use Google Sites. The fact that there are a number of sophisticated and modern web creation tools on Google Sites is incredible, and what is even more incredible is that it is free.

No comments:

Post a Comment